The Benefits of Using LinkedIn Video Marketing
Video marketing is on the rise, with 81% of B2B marketers use videos and 85% plan to increase their video marketing budget. That’s not surprising given that prospects watch an average of 1.5 hours of online video per day!
Meanwhile, LinkedIn is one of the most effective B2B marketing platforms. For example, 45% of all B2B buyers make purchasing decisions based on LinkedIn content.
What if you could combine the power of video marketing with the reach and engagement you can get on LinkedIn?
It’s now possible, thanks to LinkedIn’s video marketing capabilities. Here’s what you need to know about using LinkedIn videos in your marketing strategy.
The Benefits of LinkedIn Video Marketing
Here’s why you should add video content to your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
Reach a larger audience
Right after its launch in 2017, videos on LinkedIn have generated more than 300 million impressions within a year -- proving that it’s a great way to reach a larger audience and expand your reach.
LinkedIn videos generate an average of three times more engagement than text posts. They can help you cut through the clutter and capture the attention of your prospects.
Communicate your brand message
Since viewers are in their professional mindset when using LinkedIn, it’s easier to communicate a “serious” message to position your brand as an authority and industry thought leader.
Build trust and relationships
An audience that views a LinkedIn Company Page video is five times more likely to engage in a conversation compared to other types of content, allowing you to build trust and credibility with your prospects.
Grow your revenues
Brands that use video marketing on social platforms grow their revenues 49% faster than companies that don’t.
Drive more online traffic
Online videos are projected to drive 80% of all internet traffic. Meanwhile, over half of marketing professionals name video as the content type that yields the highest ROI.
Educate your prospects
97% of marketers believe that videos can help increase viewers’ understanding of their products or services. This will allow you to effectively progress prospects down the sales funnel and accelerate the sales cycle.
Reach the right audience
LinkedIn video ads allow you to leverage the platform’s extensive user data and granular targeting feature to reach the right audience, convert leads, and maximize your ROI.
Common Types Of LinkedIn Videos
These are the most commonly used and effective types of video content for attracting a B2B audience on LinkedIn:
- Industry insights – showcase your expertise and position yourself as a thought leader.
- Trending news – share your take on news that’s relevant to your industry.
- Webinar/online event promotion and recap – drive traffic back to relevant landing pages for lead generation.
- Company introduction and brand story – set your brand apart by telling your audience why you’re unique
- New product launch announcements – generate buzz and anticipation among your followers.
- LinkedIn Live (live streams) – engage with your followers in real-time.
- Educational and how-to content – tailor to each customer lifecycle stages to progress viewers down the sales funnel.
- Testimonials – leverage the power of social proof to increase conversions.
How To Increase the Effectiveness of Your LinkedIn Video Marketing Strategy
As more B2B marketers are using videos in their LinkedIn marketing strategy, it has become more challenging to capture the attention of the audience. Here are a few ideas for optimizing your LinkedIn marketing performance with videos.
- Share your content as a “native video” by uploading the file directly onto LinkedIn, instead of embedding a link in your updates. Native videos tend to rank more favorably by the algorithm and autoplay in-feed so they can gain more exposure, capture attention, and generate engagement.
- Jump on trending business news that’s relevant to your audience and create high-quality content that’s more likely to get shared. This will help you get more eyeballs and increase the likelihood of reaching your ideal customers.
- Invest in the proper equipment and set up your video production process for a professional outcome. For example, consider lighting, camera, camera position, background, and your body language.
- Optimize your videos for mobile as 57% of LinkedIn’s B2B content is consumed on mobile devices. For example, use a smartphone-friendly square video format.
- Make sure your videos work equally well with the sound on or off since 80% of videos on LinkedIn are watched muted. Include closed captions and text to guide viewers through the content.
- Keep the video short and to-the-point. Get to the topic right away within the first few seconds to capture the viewers’ attention. When writing your video script, make sure to have a strong opening that communicates the relevance of the content.
- Drive traffic to your LinkedIn video by sharing the link whenever it’s relevant (e.g., on a blog post), so you can get as many people to watch and share your content as possible.
- Ensure that your videos are professional and of high-quality. Consider outsourcing the video production to make sure you’re following industry best practices, getting your message across, and projecting the right brand image.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) in your video and the update to engage the audience, spark a conversation, encourage social sharing, and/or drive traffic back to your website.
- Use LinkedIn video ads to increase brand awareness, build brand consideration, and generate leads. Make sure you dial in on the audience segmentation and targeting so your ads can reach the right prospects.
- Define your business objectives, set key metrics, and leverage LinkedIn’s analytics feature to test and optimize for continual improvements. You can get a better understanding of your ideal audience and further refine your content to increase engagement and conversion.
Align Your LinkedIn Marketing Strategy with Video
As more B2B buyers are using LinkedIn to do their research and learn about vendors, you must produce the right content to engage with prospects and customers.
Videos can help you effectively connect with your audience, build credibility, increase trust, and position your brand as an industry leader by delivering valuable and relevant content at the right time.
To get the most out of LinkedIn video posts and video ads, align the video content with your overall LinkedIn marketing strategy so you can communicate a cohesive brand image and marketing message.
Ready to improve your B2B marketing on LinkedIn and connect with more prospects and customers? Schedule a time to chat with us and see how we can help you grow your business.
LEAVE A COMMENT
Posts by Topic
- Artificial intelligence
- Buyer Personas
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Healthcare Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Inbound Sales
- Lead Generation
- LinkedIn Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing ROI
- Smart Spots
- Social Media Strategy
- Software Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design