Why and How to Build a LinkedIn Group for Healthcare Marketing
Marketing. It's part art, part science. It's a multi-billion dollar industry. And it's a necessity for healthcare organizations.
Yes, if you want to build a bigger, better business, you're going to need to market yourself, your company, and your products and services.
But you already knew that, and you also know that it doesn't have to cost a billion (or even a million) dollars.
What you might not know is how to develop a healthcare marketing strategy that puts you and your company in front of thousands of high-value prospects – and does so inexpensively. It's a tactic that augments inbound marketing strategies and makes them more effective.
It's leveraging the power of a LinkedIn group to connect directly with your most sought after prospects.
Here's a look at why building a LinkedIn group is a great way to market your healthcare services and how you can get started with your very own group:
What is a LinkedIn group?
A LinkedIn group is an online meeting place for professionals who share interests and industries. Groups are typically moderated by an industry expert (you) who shares content, questions, job opportunities and more with group members. Group members also ask questions, share information, and post job opportunities.
Why are LinkedIn groups important to healthcare marketing efforts?
The beautiful thing about building and managing a LinkedIn group is that it allows you to put yourself and your business before as many high-value prospects as possible. You get to establish yourself as an industry insider and thought leader. You get to offer advice, direct group members to important information about your industry, and ultimately guide them to your company website (and hopefully into and through the sales funnel).
How does somebody begin building a LinkedIn group?
Building a LinkedIn group that supports your healthcare marketing efforts takes time and intention. The good news is that any LinkedIn user can create a group in a matter of minutes. So as long as you have a LinkedIn account, you can create a group.
But you're going to want to build it on a solid foundation. Here's how:
- Know your mission. The best groups know why they exist and what they want to accomplish. Be clear about what it is you are doing and make sure your mission aligns with your overall inbound marketing strategy.
- Know your audience. It's been said before and it will be said again: knowing your audience is the Golden Rule of inbound marketing. Knowing who is most likely to be interested in your products and services allows you to invite the right people to join your group – and then provide them with valuable information. If you have been using LinkedIn to build a database of high-value prospects, this step should be nearly completed before you even start it.
- Find the right words at the right times. Once you know your mission and your audience, you'll want to give your group a name, write an introduction, and provide some rules of the road. Make sure all the words you write resonate with your audience and support your brand. This will be the most difficult step in the process.
- Launch the group. Creating a group is the easy part, especially because LinkedIn provides a step-by-step guide to walk you through the process. Check it out.
LEAVE A COMMENT
Posts by Topic
- Artificial intelligence
- Buyer Personas
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Healthcare Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Inbound Sales
- Lead Generation
- LinkedIn Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing ROI
- Smart Spots
- Social Media Strategy
- Software Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design